oUR issue priorites
We target our financial and technical support to nonprofit organizations and associations, as well as public sector and academic institutions, working in the following practice and policy domains:
· Early Childhood – Support of organizations and programs working to improve quality, standards, policies, practices and guidelines for services targeting 0-5 year-olds in the Mahoning Valley.
· Educational Opportunity – Support of nonprofit organizations, schools and school districts providing low-income youth in distressed, high-need communities with quality educational opportunities that encourage completion, college access and academic success. We will focus our funding on Youngstown and Warren schools.
· Economic Opportunity – Support of nonprofit organizations, programs, services and efforts that increase wealth of low-income populations through access to capital and investment, credit, quality jobs, job training and job placement – while building the community capacity for investment resource. Our core interest will be the inclusion of low-income populations in existing and new economic opportunities for the Mahoning Valley.
· Community Revitalization – Support of nonprofit organizations, programs, services and efforts that are community-driven and intended to develop and revitalize the Valley. Our core focus will be on Youngstown and Warren activities that engage residents and build their leadership capacity to improve the physical landscape.
· Public and Civic Sector Leadership – Support of nonprofit organizations, government entities and academic institutions working to improve the quality of leadership and decision-making among staff, elected and appointed officials and members of boards and commissions in city, township and county governments in the Mahoning Valley.
Guidance on Our Grantmaking Process
Letter of Inquiry