Emerging Leaders leverages the unique assets of emerging leaders from Warren and Youngstown to create pathways to decision making tables in the Mahoning Valley. The program uses a small group model to explore and cultivate 21st century leadership skills and foster radical imagination among participants.
Emerging Leaders are diverse residents of the urban core of the Mahoning Vally, primarily Warren and Youngstown, who are currently engaged in grassroots initiatives in the community and are seeking to develop and actualize their leadership potential.
To date, 61 Emerging Leaders have completed the program. The Emerging Leader Alumni Association has 40 active members and a newly created online Connection Portal. Alumni acknowledge their Emerging Leader experience:
- Increased confidence to pursue and achieve promotions and complete college degree programs
- Opened doors to knowledge, people and resources that exist in the community
- Developed the ability to apply a racial equity and inclusion lens to their life and work
- Equipped them to disrupt the status quo and change the Valley’s leadership composition and structure through board, coalition, task force and committee leadership roles
- Inspired and supported entrepreneurial exploration, deeper civic engagement and non-profit capacity building